Now that we've whet your appetite for our Viva Italia trip, we now have some more info - although unconfirmed at this point but just about certain:
1) We're looking at a departure date of Wednesday, October 24th to arrive in Rome on the morning of the 25th. This tour includes an extra, free night at the beginning of the trip which is the night of the 25th to allow us to get acclimated to the new time and do a day's worth of exploring on our own and the free breakfast the next day.
2) The morning of the 26th, we hit the ground running in Rome which begins the first of 12 exciting days in Italy. The tour includes all breakfasts, 9 dinners and 1 lunch as well as all tickets for venues that we visit, baggage handling throughout the tour including tips to bellmen, bus and high speed train tickets, wine-tasting, and more! Gratuity to our tour director who is with us the whole trip is not included but we'll take a group donation and present it that way - which is what we did for our AK land trip.
3) Pricing for the trip is $2399 per person based on double occupancy per room. All hotels are four star accommodations that are hand-picked by our tour company - Riviera Tours. The trip is called Classic Italy tour. You can find the link here which shows you itinerary including links to the beautiful hotels that we'll call our home-away-from-home, trip overview, what's included, etc. Be advised that typically their tours are at a 38 person maximum so, like our recent AK trip, there will be others on the trip with us.
4) After reading this webpage, please contact me again, even if you have already, and let me know if you are still interested. This should be a commitment to travel with us. From there, we'll open up a special Yahoo talk list to begin the trip planning and inform you how to contact Riviera Tours and our group name, etc. so you can make your deposit to secure your reservation. Then we'll purchase airfare together but that Yahoo talk list, as those of you who have traveled with Sue & I before, becomes our lifeline to each other for planning, updates, questions, etc.
5) Airfare is additional and we've found it for about $850 per person which is for JFK to Rome; then Milan (our final destination of the trip) to JFK. Also additional are transfers from Rome airport to the hotel and the Milan hotel to the airport for which I was quoted about $125 total for all transfers which depends on how many travelers with whom we evenly divide the fees. This would be a minibus for our group only.
So don't delay - the trip will be here before you know it! We don't want to get locked out of this trip since there are already people signed up for it. Earlier departures were not available because of almost filled capacity.
We hope you will contact us soon for this trip of a lifetime. As in all of our sponsored trips, the value cannot be beat as well as the beautiful Italian countryside and cities, letterboxing, exchanges and especially the friendships that are made that will last a lifetime! Ask anyone who has traveled with us - deep friendships are made.
Atlas Quest sign up event page is located here! Sign up only if you plan to come. Thanks!